Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things You'll Find On The Island, Part II

My good friend Rose recently posted an article from a Forbes author on her Facebook, and I quickly became a huge fan of the article and some of his other writing. Given how much I love writing about leadership, I felt I had to post these. They're better if you're fans of Star Wars and Star Trek, but still poignant. I may have to actually start watching Star Trek in order to better understand the anecdotal references.

Two different types of leaders:
Five Leadership Lessons From Jean-Luc Picard

Five Leadership Lessons From James T. Kirk

And for the organizations:
Five Leadership Mistakes of the Galactic Empire

Also, check out some of the new blogs I've added to "Other Islands You Should Visit." The A+M Blog stirs up some great friendly controversy, my good friend Aaron's blog is incredibly thought-provoking (lately, I've been contemplating Why I Blog and PS To Why I Blog...), his other Reinard Family blog is going to be a great look at the journey he and his family take in adopting their third child, and The Family Berzurcher is the insight into the amazing mind of my good friend, former bandmate, and all-around inspiration, Matt Zurcher, as he explores cinema, television, music, and more.

1 comment:

  1. Joe, I appreciate the plug. Most of all, I do encourage you to check out (at least) a scattered variety of Star Trek episodes. I took a class on the physics behind Star Trek and other science fiction masterworks last semester and it got me into Trekking a bit. You can virtually start anywhere you want. It's so big and can be intimidating to begin, but just dive in at any point you like. You'd get a lot out of it, especially after reading those cool articles.

    ReplyDelete